Visalia Criminal Defense Lawyer
Drug Crimes · Drunk Driving · Theft · Assault · Robbery
If you have been arrested, you have constitutional rights. Many Americans have given their lives in defense of these rights, and you should never surrender them lightly. The first two rights you have are the right to remain silent and the right to be represented by a lawyer.
I am John Patrick Ryan, a Visalia criminal defense attorney serving clients throughout the central San Joaquin Valley. If you or a family member or associate is facing criminal charges, I would encourage you to contact me right away. I can help you with charges such as:
- Domestic violence: If you have been accused of abusing your spouse or partner, you could be facing not only a protective order, but also criminal charges.
- Drug crimes: I represent clients who have been accused of drug possession, drug distribution and other offenses involving drugs like marijuana, cocaine and heroin.
- Medical marijuana: I represent people who have been charged with violations of California’s medical marijuana laws (Proposition 215/Compassionate Use Act).
- Violent crimes: If you have been charged with assault, battery, armed robbery, gang charges, weapons charges or any other violent crime, I will stand up for your rights.
- Property crimes: I defend clients against all types of property and theft charges, including petty theft, shoplifting, trespassing, vandalism and grand theft auto.
- White collar crimes: A conviction for embezzlement, mortgage fraud or another white collar crime could leave you with a very damaging criminal record. I can help.
- Welfare fraud: If you have been charged with welfare fraud in California — by failing to declare income, failing to report employment, etc. — talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.
- Child abuse and neglect: If you have been accused of abusing or neglecting your children, I can defend you against criminal charges and consequences.
- Sex crimes: I represent clients who have been charged with all types of sex crimes, including rape, sexual assault, prostitution and possession of child pornography.
- Juvenile offenses: If your child has been accused of juvenile delinquency, from assault to shoplifting to public drunkenness, I can help you protect his or her rights and future.
- Expungements: I’ve gotten several records expunged, including some very complicated ones. I charge $750 for an expungement.
As a former public defender, I defended hundreds of California clients against criminal charges and took dozens of cases to trial. I am now an independent lawyer providing personal attention and service to each of my clients. When you hire me, you get me, not an associate.